Modulerize application so each module can be installed individually RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am thinking about a way where we can provide enterprise solutions in a better way and manage it. I am thinking to develop each modules separately and provide setups of each one. So customers can buy what they need exactly and can skip unneeded modules which they don't use.

Suppose I have 3 modules in my product. Let say Module-1, Module-2 and Module-3. I want to develop these modules such a way that I can provide each modules separately. Suppose one customer have bought Module-1 they can use it and in future if they decide to go for Module-3 as well they can buy and just install it. Installing Module-3 will integrate it with Module-1 functionality.

I want to use .NET, C# and SQL Server as development tools.

1. What are the things need to be considered?

2. Any article, reference documents, links.

3. What architecture we can think of best for this kind of requirement?

I appreciate your inputs.

Regards, Jigs
    • Changed type jdp12383 Monday, March 19, 2012 6:11 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:31 AM

Answers

•      Dear Jigs

You can think for Composite Application UI block which will take care of below stuf..

This link may help you

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266334.aspx#jour10cab_topic2

• Dynamically loading independent yet cooperating modules into a common shell based on a central configuration
    • Support of the composition pattern at several levels for functional pieces, such as user-interface elements, user-interface processes, or client-side services
    • Event-Broker for loosely coupled communication between functional pieces loaded into the client application
    • Ready-to-use command-pattern implementation
    • Base classes for MVC implementations
    • Framework for pluggable infrastructure services, such as authentication services, authorization services, module location, and module-loading services
    • Marked as answer by jdp12383 Monday, March 19, 2012 6:11 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:40 AM

All replies

•      Dear Jigs

You can think for Composite Application UI block which will take care of below stuf..

This link may help you

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266334.aspx#jour10cab_topic2

• Dynamically loading independent yet cooperating modules into a common shell based on a central configuration
    • Support of the composition pattern at several levels for functional pieces, such as user-interface elements, user-interface processes, or client-side services
    • Event-Broker for loosely coupled communication between functional pieces loaded into the client application
    • Ready-to-use command-pattern implementation
    • Base classes for MVC implementations
    • Framework for pluggable infrastructure services, such as authentication services, authorization services, module location, and module-loading services
    • Marked as answer by jdp12383 Monday, March 19, 2012 6:11 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Thanks Lingaraj Mishra,

I appreciate your inputs. I am looking into it.

Other inputs are also invited.

Edit: I looked into it and its the same I was looking for

Regards, Jigs
    • Edited by jdp12383 Monday, March 19, 2012 6:12 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:56 PM