none
How to make the camera view and skeleton tracking overlay each other RRS feed

• Question

• I have one canvas which contains the Skelton and one image which contains the camera view . However I can't merge them together . As in I need the skeleton to be able to show overlay of the camera view so that can see both together on one screen instead of two . Isit possible to Do that ? Or I have one more program which works the same way however I use image to image also facing the same problem
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:35 AM

All replies

• Individually they work? Maybe the problem is just the sequence of the items, I'm doing it putting in the same canvas first the camera view item and then the Skeleton, in this way:

<Canvas x:Name="mainCanvas" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row ="0" Grid.RowSpan="2" Margin="0,12,0,0">
       <WpfViewers:KinectSensorChooser x:Name="kinectSensorChooser" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Canvas.Left="49" Canvas.Top="136"/>
       <Image x:Name="cameraImage"/>
       <WpfViewers:KinectSkeletonViewer x:Name="kinectSkeletonViewer" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="480" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="640" Kinect="{Binding Kinect, ElementName=kinectSensorChooser}"/>
    </Canvas>

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:57 AM
  • I have already successfully merge them together however the skeleton is not in line with the person's body . Any idea what happened ?

Thanks !

Best Regards ,

Vaynette

• Edited by Vaynette Monday, June 17, 2013 7:46 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 7:46 AM
  • there is an offset between the depth camera and the RGB camera. This offset needs to be corrected in order for the skeleton and the picture be in same coordinates. 

look here: 

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/openkinect/jq02c25DOI8

Alon Haber Sidekick developer

Monday, June 17, 2013 7:56 AM
  • To do a "perfect" overlay, you need to transform each Skeleton joint positions into camera view referential using this SDK function :

KinectSensor.CoordinateMapper.MapSkeletonPointToColorPoint(skeletonPoint, colorImageFormat)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj883694.aspx

Vincent Guigui Innovative Technologies Expert at OCTO Technology MVP Kinect

Monday, June 17, 2013 8:23 AM