GIF Files in Blend 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I can import GIF images into the Blend3 project however when attempting to place the image into an artboard either directly, through the Image Source property or directly in XAML  the image will not display. Can anyone help please?
    Thanks.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• gif is not supported in Silverlight.  I suspet Mohamed is using WPF, and you are using Silverlight.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Joepilcher,

I tried with all ways that you told, but the image showed normally in "Artboard", may be the project that you worked in need to rebuild it from "Project" menu and select "Rebuild Project" , or you need to copy your components into new project.

this is just suggestion but don't know the real reason. 

-----
    Mohamed Sabry
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:27 PM
  • Thanks Mohamed. I have tried creating a project from scratch with the only asset being a gif file and still won't work. In fact if I place an image asset in the layout root and go to through the process of "chose an image" in "common properties" it will provide an option to select jpg or png but not gif. Selecting the file using the name of the file places the gif file in the Projects root but will not display in the artboard or on the browser even after the project has been rebuild. I am running Blend 3 on Windows 7 and do not know whether this could be a pointer to why the problem.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 6:11 AM
  • gif is not supported in Silverlight.  I suspet Mohamed is using WPF, and you are using Silverlight.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:39 PM
  • That puts the lid on that one. Thanks Chuck.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:13 AM