Too Slow Downloading Speed RRS feed

• Question

• I am downloading Visual Studio community 2015. But the download speed is very slow although i am not running any other internet Application before writing it. It seems that total 45 gb download would take 7 days, I have tested my speed with other application but they show me the speed is 2 Mbps. But from the task manager it shows that the visual studio downloader only takes .3 Mbps.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Zubayer Ahmed,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

From the thread I found the message>>It seems that total 45 gb download would take 7 days<<, it looks like you used the web installer and selected all features to install. It will take a long time to install and usually we should chose default install and after you install successfully, we can install other required features by modify the VS community 2015 entity under Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features(take Win8.1 for example).

Generally we recommend you to download the Visual Studio community 2015 ISO from Microsoft official link: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs and the VS community 2015 ISO file size is 5.76GB. Then use it to install and choose default option during installation.

For the message>> I have tested my speed with other application but they show me the speed is 2 Mbps. But from the task manager it shows that the visual studio downloader only takes .3 Mbps. << it shows your browser download speed is a bit slow, I suggest you download some special download tools and use them to download the installer file.

Hope those methods will solve the issue and looking forward your reply.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Friday, January 22, 2016 1:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, February 1, 2016 5:33 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:28 AM