I cant Install my printer. because it is supported only on xp,vista and 7 . .

Question

• how to install my printers that can launch only to my previous OS (Windows 7). what should i do for it. .. if my OS is Windows Developer Preview that not compatible to my printer. . . pls answer. . .tnx GODbless!
    Friday, February 17, 2012 10:05 AM

Answers

• Windows 8 Developer Preview is pre-Beta and this type of compatibility issues are expected. You could start by follow steps on:

Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues in Windows 8 Developer Preview

If that didn't solve your issue , please post back your printer's model and manufacturer.

Friday, February 17, 2012 2:03 PM
  • very easy...same happened with my usb modem. just try to locate the driver files (*.inf) from your printer driver cd or from somewhere else (like installed driver on windows 7 or download them from the manufacturer's website). now go to Control Panel, then Device Manager and select the device (printer), go to Properties, Update Driver and click on "Search Manually". now give the path to the folder containing the .inf file. it will install the driver.

this worked for my usb modem, which used to work under win 7 but didn't install in Windows Developer Preview.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Friday, February 17, 2012 5:50 PM

All replies

• Windows 8 Developer Preview is pre-Beta and this type of compatibility issues are expected. You could start by follow steps on:

Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues in Windows 8 Developer Preview

If that didn't solve your issue , please post back your printer's model and manufacturer.

Friday, February 17, 2012 2:03 PM
  • very easy...same happened with my usb modem. just try to locate the driver files (*.inf) from your printer driver cd or from somewhere else (like installed driver on windows 7 or download them from the manufacturer's website). now go to Control Panel, then Device Manager and select the device (printer), go to Properties, Update Driver and click on "Search Manually". now give the path to the folder containing the .inf file. it will install the driver.

this worked for my usb modem, which used to work under win 7 but didn't install in Windows Developer Preview.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Friday, February 17, 2012 5:50 PM