none
Microsoft please provide a nuget package for the Access Database Engine Redistributable RRS feed

• Question

• Please please please MS do give us the ado.net provider for accessing MS Access (or other Office) files, without the need to install the damn stuff manually (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920) !!

How are we programmers supposed to deploy code that depends on this redist if it has to be installed in such an old fashioned way on every last server the program will be deployed to ? Come on guys, everything is nugetized these days but we are still stuck with this....

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi AGRIDEA Development,

Thanks for posting here.

>>How are we programmers supposed to deploy code that depends on this redist if it has to be installed in such an old fashioned way on every last server the program will be deployed to ?

As your requirement, I would suggest that you could post a feedback on the following link. Then post your feedback on here, and I will vote up it.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx

Best regards,

Zhanglong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 1, 2017 1:32 AM
  • Interesting idea, but it's an Office component managed by the Microsoft Office team and installing it through Visual Studio will impact an Office installation. I would much prefer that they get their heads together with the Visual Studio team and develop a native .NET provider for Microsoft Access. That would certainly address the 32/64 bit issue that is an ongoing problem for applications that use a Microsoft Access database.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, December 1, 2017 1:33 PM