apps using windows 7 or windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• what type of apps i can develop using windows 7?

or what things are needed to develop metro apps and from where i get them?

i am an c++ developer so please if there is any better platform rather than metro style apps then suggest me

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:28 AM

Answers

• See Getting started with Metro style apps . Windows 8 is required.

If you want to write desktop apps you can do so on Windows 7. You can discuss writing desktop apps in theWindows Desktop Development Forums 

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Dave SmitsMVP Friday, August 10, 2012 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Min ZhuMember Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:27 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:45 AM
  • In Windows 8 there are 2 kinds of application

1)Desktop Application : the applications that run on the desktop like IE9 , Visual Studio (The application you used to develop on Windows 7,XP...)
    2)Metro Style Application : The applications that run on the Metro start screen you can develop it using HTML , C++ , C# or VB Like IE10

This pic illustrate the 2 kind of Windows 8 applications and which languages you can use to develop 

If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:37 AM

All replies

• See Getting started with Metro style apps . Windows 8 is required.

If you want to write desktop apps you can do so on Windows 7. You can discuss writing desktop apps in theWindows Desktop Development Forums 

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Dave SmitsMVP Friday, August 10, 2012 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Min ZhuMember Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:27 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:45 AM
  • In Windows 8 there are 2 kinds of application

1)Desktop Application : the applications that run on the desktop like IE9 , Visual Studio (The application you used to develop on Windows 7,XP...)
    2)Metro Style Application : The applications that run on the Metro start screen you can develop it using HTML , C++ , C# or VB Like IE10

This pic illustrate the 2 kind of Windows 8 applications and which languages you can use to develop 

If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:37 AM