Pivot Table in Excel Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is is possible to display PivotTable Field List in excel web view using Excel Services. Users have a requirement that they want to change change the axis of fields displayed in pivot chart and pivot table; add fields to pivot report using excel web view web part. Am not sure how they can do this in excel web view. Any tips or ideas?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:01 PM

Answers

• Correct, this is not a feature of EWA in MOSS 2007.  The intent of EWA is anywhere access and dashboards/viewing that have very high data, calculation and visual fidelity with the desktop verison of Excel.  For complex authoring and ad-hoc data analysis, the best tool is still the desktop version of Excel.

That said, given the presense of this features in Excel and OWC, it has been requested by customers, and considered for past releases.  I cannot comment on if/when it may become a features in a release product, but I am sure it will again be up for consideration in Office 15 (whatever year we ship it in).

S/W Engineer, Microsoft Office Excel Services
    • Proposed as answer by Anthony Valey - MSFT Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by pryank rohilla Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:12 PM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:45 AM 2010 references removed. These forums are for pre-2010 questions only. Don't use them for 2010 answers which will provoke 2010 questions.
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:34 PM

All replies

• Is is possible to display PivotTable Field List

Is it right to say that this feature is not support in SharePoint 2007: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms496823.aspx
    Pryank Rohilla MCTS, MCAD
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:46 AM Do Not use full quote. Here in a first reply to a thread it is not at all necessary. Usually a single line to eastablish which post is being replied to is enough.
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Correct, this is not a feature of EWA in MOSS 2007.  The intent of EWA is anywhere access and dashboards/viewing that have very high data, calculation and visual fidelity with the desktop verison of Excel.  For complex authoring and ad-hoc data analysis, the best tool is still the desktop version of Excel.

That said, given the presense of this features in Excel and OWC, it has been requested by customers, and considered for past releases.  I cannot comment on if/when it may become a features in a release product, but I am sure it will again be up for consideration in Office 15 (whatever year we ship it in).

S/W Engineer, Microsoft Office Excel Services
    • Proposed as answer by Anthony Valey - MSFT Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by pryank rohilla Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:12 PM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:45 AM 2010 references removed. These forums are for pre-2010 questions only. Don't use them for 2010 answers which will provoke 2010 questions.
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:34 PM