none
Using C#.NET Compare the Microsoft Word Documents RRS feed

• Question

•  need to develop the standlone Editor in C# similar to document comparision tool using c#.net

The standalone tool should have all the feature available in Microsoft word and specifially this tool is used for document comparision

please suggest your valuable suggesstion

thanks

orcas

Orcas
    Monday, August 30, 2010 4:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Orcas, In order to create a standalone feature complete implementation of Microsoft Word, which is non-trivial, you need to refer to the Microsoft Open Protocol Specification Word file format documents, found here:

MS-DOC: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc313153(office.12).aspx

MS-DOCX: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd773189(office.12).aspx

If you have any questions related to the content of either of those documents please let us know. Otherwise, general C# development questions should be posted on one of the Visual C# development forums.

Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Monday, August 30, 2010 5:37 PM
  •  

Hello Jcurry,

Thankyou very much for your valuable response, i have just gone through the Micrsoft Open Protocol Specification Word File Format.

Is there open source code is available in microsoft website or MSDN or if there is any free tool with source code availble either non-microsoft tool with souce code for better understand and it help me to do more CASE studies on stand alone tool before development in C#

Let me know your comments

Orcas

Orcas
    Friday, September 3, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Orcas, Microsoft does not have any sample code for reading and writing .DOC files. We are aware that there are open source projects that may have working code, including code on CodePlex and SourceForge. Microsoft has not evaluated any of this code and cannot confirm its accuracy or usefulness for any specific purpose.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Friday, September 3, 2010 5:45 PM