Error code 28 for my Intel GMA 950 graphics card and the video driver isn't working

Question

• I have the same problem, i instaled Windows 8 developer preview on my MSI U100 that have an intel GMA950 graphic card and the video driver isn't working

for me it's code 28

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

i tried to update the driver and it didn't worked
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hey Zenstar91,

If the driver installation wasn't successful, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver that you downloaded. You will likely want to choose the option of This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Also if you are reading this from your email, I have split your reply into its own thread since you are receiving a different error code than the original thread you replied to. To see your new thread visit the Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions forum and sign into your account. Then click the My Threads link on the right side of the page to see your new thread listed.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:39 AM