none
InfFile parameter not complete with te.exe deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am working on a kmdf device driver.  A colleague re-arranged and renamed files for the project. This was checked into svn. I checked out the project and it builds fine. The problem I am running into is in the deployment process.  

For some reason, the .inf file parameter for the _DriverRemoval and _DriverPreparation tasks is not set. I now fail these deployment steps. Does anyone know where this parameter is set?

Here is clip of  the output on a working setup. I don't see where this parameter is set in Visual Studio. On the non-working setup, the parameter reads "InfFile=". 

te.exe "%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\DriverTestTasks.dll" /select:"@Name='DriverTestTasks::_DriverRemoval'" /p:"InfFile=dts9080.inf" /p:"Debug=1" 
    [15:20:25:554]: Result Summary: Total=1, Passed=1, Failed=0, Blocked=0, Warned=0, Skipped=0
    [15:20:26:444]: Removing any existing files from test execution folder

te.exe "%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\DriverTestTasks.dll" /select:"@Name='DriverTestTasks::_DriverPreparation'" /p:"InfFile=dts9080.inf" /p:"Debug

Thanks,

Brian

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:22 PM

Answers

• Deployment settings are saved in the vcxproj.user file. You can right click on the package project in the vs IDE and choose the debug node in the tree to re set the deployment settings

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

• Deployment settings are saved in the vcxproj.user file. You can right click on the package project in the vs IDE and choose the debug node in the tree to re set the deployment settings

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:28 PM
  • Thanks Doron.

I chose the Package and right-clicked on Debug->Start New Instance. I now get the InfFile parameter filled in. The .inf file has been altered as well because now I am getting two failures out of four DefaultDriverPackageInstallationTasks. I will have to chase this down.

Thanks again,

Brian

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:00 PM