Notification in FTp RRS feed

• Question

• User-2039324836 posted

Hello

I have an IIS worked perfectly, in win2003 have hundreds of attempts of connection every day, of not authorized users..

There is algun system of alert configurable in IIS in order that with every attempt of connection a notification comes to me..

Regards and thanks

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Answers

• User-1281870346 posted

Set the custom error for 401 to invoke an ASP page that sends you an email. Note that if you are seeing hundreds of attempts, you will get hundreds of emails.

Update; Sorry, I just realized that the subject says FTP. I don't know of any real time notification for that. You could use a scheduled task that wakes up ever few minutes and reads the FTP log and emails you a summary report.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:16 PM

All replies

• User-1281870346 posted

Set the custom error for 401 to invoke an ASP page that sends you an email. Note that if you are seeing hundreds of attempts, you will get hundreds of emails.

Update; Sorry, I just realized that the subject says FTP. I don't know of any real time notification for that. You could use a scheduled task that wakes up ever few minutes and reads the FTP log and emails you a summary report.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:16 PM
  • User1138193213 posted

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done with the Windows 2003 FTP service, and it's probably small consolation to point our that the FTP 7.5 service for Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 has extensibility that allows you to add your own custom functionality to that FTP service, but just the same - I wrote two walkthroughs that discuss how to block the IP address for hack attempts and how to send an email based on an event:

You could merge these two samples into a single extensibility provider for FTP that blocks hackers and sends you email. In fact, one of my Windows Server 2008 FTP servers is currently using a module that does just that. ;-]

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:04 PM