voice or voice tag recognition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is there any library, framework and/or sample application for simple voice recognition for the compact .NET framework?

I need to recognize the spoken digits 0-9 in an application on the mobile platform and a network connection is not guaranteed to be available, so the speech server is not an option.

Thanks
    Monday, December 15, 2008 1:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Speech recognition components can be installed on Windows CE, but is not available for Windows Mobile per se.  There was a channel 9 video in which Voice Command functionality was being used to drive an expense program.  However due to licensing issues the source code was never made available and the API for Voice Command was never made public :-(.

Update - Found the video
    http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Rory/Windows-Mobile-60-Things-and-Stuff/?Page=2
    Go to position 13:50 in the video.

Joel Ivory Johnson
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:37 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

Would you know how to build/deploy an application so that the voice tag application which ships with Windows Mobile can detect it (I'm guessing it needs to be registered with the OS, but not sure) and execute it?  I think this would be the easiest way to launch an app...

The video you linked to was very interesting, but even in 2009 I cannot see any of these techs being easily reachable!

Cheers,

Matt.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 1:11 AM