none
"Loading your connected services" hangs [access-2013][Sharepoint-lists] RRS feed

• Question

• In access 2013 - Account menu, under "Connected Services".  Shows "Loading your connected services", but never loads. 

1) The message just stays there, just hanging and never loading.

2) Also Linked sharepoint list tables cause access to crash. Any attempt to load a database that had a linked table, i.e. linked sharepoint list table causes access to crash. Any attempt to setup a linked sharepoint list table crashes access.

It has been working fine for 2 months, but failed on Friday when I was using a slow network connection. The connection is back to normal but the Office 365 list connection details look to have corrupted, or something.

I am able to login to Office 365 via a browser and see the lists just fine, but access is unable to access them.

Any ideas how to fix? Am guessing re-install Access might work. Any ideas.

Related: Changing Office 365 password also causes access to crash if the database has linked  sharepoint list tables - it crashes until "Connected Services" are updated with the new password. Not sure where to report this to.

Monday, November 2, 2015 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hi EddyParkinson,

Based on your description, it seems you could not access the Sharepoint list from your Access. I assume it was caused by your password has changed for SharePoint.

I suggest you do as below:
    1. Click the External Data
    2. Enter the account and new password, and create a new linked table from the SharePoint list
    3. Click the original sp list to check whether it could work.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:02 AM
  • Edward Z,

No, nothing to do with the password. That was an old issue I had.

Please report the password issue, i.e. when you change the Office 365 password via the web, it causes access 2013 to crash. This is a problem because there is no error message to indicate why access is crashing. Yes you are correct that changing the password fixes this issue, although to change the password use the "File->Account" menu.

Fixed issue: "Loading your connected services" hangs.

I logged out of access and then logged in with a different access/office 365 account. This was messy as access 2013 crashed several times in the process. In the beginning the "Sign In" button also caused access to crash, but got there in the end. 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi EddyParkinson,

Based on your description, it seems you could not access the Sharepoint list from your Access. I assume it was caused by your password has changed for SharePoint.

I suggest you do as below:
    1. Click the External Data
    2. Enter the account and new password, and create a new linked table from the SharePoint list
    3. Click the original sp list to check whether it could work.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:02 AM
  • Edward Z,

No, nothing to do with the password. That was an old issue I had.

Please report the password issue, i.e. when you change the Office 365 password via the web, it causes access 2013 to crash. This is a problem because there is no error message to indicate why access is crashing. Yes you are correct that changing the password fixes this issue, although to change the password use the "File->Account" menu.

Fixed issue: "Loading your connected services" hangs.

I logged out of access and then logged in with a different access/office 365 account. This was messy as access 2013 crashed several times in the process. In the beginning the "Sign In" button also caused access to crash, but got there in the end. 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:11 AM
  • Hi EddyParkinson,

I am glad your issue has been resolved, and I suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

I agree with you, it need to be a warning when we change the password instead of causing access crash. For this, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    http://officespdev.uservoice.com

Best Regards,

Edward

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:32 AM