App was unpublished and cannot be resubmited RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

my app got unpublished without any warning and the note: "10.1 Inadequate Functionality".

The App was in the Store since 2013 with no issues and a Star-Rating of 4+.

I am using the App every day myself and could not recognize any issue.

I also added some Notes for certification, because the app requires a remote device to work.

I contacted reportapp@microsoft.com and submitted feedback to the certification report but no answer until now.

This is very frustrating, can you help me?

Many Thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi tichachm,

As I mentioned in this thread, Microsoft may conduct spot checks of apps in the Store to identify potential problems and make sure your app comply with all of the Store Policies. So please go through the Store Policies and Code of Conduct before resubmitting your app. Adhering to these policies should help you make choices that enhance your app’s appeal and audience.  Appreciate your understanding.

Based on your description, I cannot find something wrong with your app. But I would like to suggest you to follow Notes for certification when you resubmit your app and add notes to the tester. And you might have to modify based on the app report from the email.

As you cannot resubmit now, please try to send a new e-mail to reportapp@microsoft.com to make your feedback. And I will also try to help you contact the report app team member.

Also you could create a request here through your developer account for further assistance, so that we may assist you best. Please click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page.

Thank you. 

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Friday, September 23, 2016 1:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by tichachm Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:46 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hi tichachm,

I heard that you sent email to reportapp team on last Saturday and they have made feedback to you.

Could you resubmit your app now? If so, please follow my first reply to resubmit your app. Additionally, you could provide a hosted video of your app's functionality works well and meanwhile you could demonstrate how to test your app properly in the notes for certification.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi tichachm,

As I mentioned in this thread, Microsoft may conduct spot checks of apps in the Store to identify potential problems and make sure your app comply with all of the Store Policies. So please go through the Store Policies and Code of Conduct before resubmitting your app. Adhering to these policies should help you make choices that enhance your app’s appeal and audience.  Appreciate your understanding.

Based on your description, I cannot find something wrong with your app. But I would like to suggest you to follow Notes for certification when you resubmit your app and add notes to the tester. And you might have to modify based on the app report from the email.

As you cannot resubmit now, please try to send a new e-mail to reportapp@microsoft.com to make your feedback. And I will also try to help you contact the report app team member.

Also you could create a request here through your developer account for further assistance, so that we may assist you best. Please click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page.

Thank you. 

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu

• Edited by Mattew Wu Friday, September 23, 2016 1:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:36 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer, I sent a new mail to reportapp@microsoft.com.

I'll hope getting an answer soon.

Thanks

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

I got a answer from the reportapp@microsoft.com Team:

"Test/beta apps are not permissible on the Store, and the apps would need to be fully functional and complete."

Note:

"The App was in the Store since 2013 with no issues and a Star-Rating of 4+.

I am using the App every day myself and could not recognize any issue."

I think the Problem is the App Name: "Kathi Remote Beta".

But there other Apps in the Store:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/skype-preview/9wzdncrfj364

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/whatsapp-beta/9wzdncrdfwbt

What can I do to get my App published again?

Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:03 PM
  • I think he has made a good point... :)

I just had this done to me, I submitted an app that showed our weather station, cameras, and community news section and was accepted and on the store. I will give you, I have very limited user base, but it made it much easier to share.  Then out of the blue I got this:

"The app icon does not accurately represent the app and/or is a generic icon. Icons must prominently distinguish informational apps such as guides and tutorials from functional apps (see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=615230)."

The Icon is my Barn, a real Icon in our community, and Cane Creek is our community, and the app updates the weather conditions every 15 seconds, and the cameras are updated every 5 minutes. Back end is in PHP, Ajax and Java with mySql. It's clean, ad free and supported..

80% of the apps on the store are "Hosted Web Apps" running on Linux back ends, Someone from Microsoft tell me why my Icon has to say "Guide" or "Tutorial", or why it's not a functional "App"?

So basically I feel for you. This is just a hobby for me...

• Edited by Bill Crowder Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:16 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:01 PM
  • Hi tichachm,

Thanks for providing your app information. The reportapp team just need me to provide more information. I will try to help you to get a more specific solution to your question.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:16 AM
  • Hi Mattew,

thanks for your help, I wrote a new mail to the reportapp@microsoft.com Team, I hope I'll get an answer, soon.

If you need any additional information about my App, feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:31 PM
  • Hi tichachm,

If I get response from the team, I will let you know that. Would you mind providing the screenshot about the Dashboard since you said you could not resubmit your app (there's no such button?) while I'm not able to reproduce your issue?

Besides, please share the answer if you receive the response from the team so that more visitors can know about this issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:44 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Why does your app name have 'beta' in the title? Microsoft have been removing beta apps to clean up the store (one of my beta apps was removed, which is fine because it was a beta).

Is there a reason you don't want to just rename the app to remove 'beta' from the title?

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

here is the screenshot:

The App is called Beta, because it is used to get new Features tested with a smaller number of users before releasing them to all.

Because it is a Remote Control App, it is very useful to test it with a wider range of devices.

I cannot hide the App in the Store or use Package flights, both is not supported under Windows 8.1.

It could be called "Kathi Remote Preview" or anything else, but I cannot change the name at the moment, to see if this would solve the issue (see screenshot).

Thanks

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

no answer from the reportapp team until now, the App is offline for more than two weeks.

If this issue is not solved soon, I have to think about distributing my apps outside the store.

But what to do with the current users (more than 5000).

Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:38 PM
  • It's really unheard of that some rules are for some and not for others. I see apps with Beta or Preview in the title and description released and updated every other day.  Hope you get it sorted out soon. Two weeks is a long time to be left out. I'm in dialogue with dev center support about my app now.
    • Edited by Molvil Saturday, October 1, 2016 5:15 PM
    Saturday, October 1, 2016 5:14 PM
  • I recently got hit with 3 of my apps not up to standard and they were removed from the store. One was said to not have a privacy policy as well. When I looked at them my metadata was a bit sparse and there was a lack of screen shots of the app. I updated the apps, added a few pictures and added a privacy policy and they then were passed.

n.Wright

Saturday, October 1, 2016 10:23 PM
  • Hi tichachm,

I heard that you sent email to reportapp team on last Saturday and they have made feedback to you.

Could you resubmit your app now? If so, please follow my first reply to resubmit your app. Additionally, you could provide a hosted video of your app's functionality works well and meanwhile you could demonstrate how to test your app properly in the notes for certification.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

I could resubmit the App yesterday, it is now live in the Store again. Thanks for your help.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:45 AM