none
Face Basic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using the Kinect Face Basic - WPF, that is able to detect facial expressions, and consequently print on the screen their status-changing. I'd try to collect the data of this status-changing in a file(txt, excel or other), by modifing the source code a little bit, but I cannot find the variables that return this data,that i want to insert in the proper function,to collect them. Can someone help me ?
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:46 AM

All replies

• Pretty much what you want is in the FaceFrameResult instances. Look in DrawFaceFrameResults function which draws everything about a face. It uses the general position in 2D space, it draws the text for each property in faceResult.FaceProperties.
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:44 AM
  • Thank you, can I ask you something more? I would like to track more than just "happy" or not, maybe "bored" or else. Most of all, can the kinect detect the gender of who's in front?
    Friday, January 12, 2018 10:07 AM
  • Haven't used Face module at all. But from what I see in the documentation, it does not support Bored out of the box so you'll have to create your own. Perhaps you can detect smaller expressions, like mouth almost sad and eyes semi closed or something. If all or several of those characteristics can be detected then you can say the user is sad.

There are a couple enumerations you can look at like FaceShapeAnimations and/or FaceShapeDeformations. These are links from the C++ Reference but they should have C# equivalents.

Gender is definitely not supported out of the box.

Friday, January 12, 2018 11:45 AM
  • Ok I'll take a look to these enum, but can I include them in my program? Because I am using Face Basic trying to change the code re-using the variables already in there.

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:56 AM
  • You can, if they exist in C++ they also exist in C#.  It's part of the library. The part about re-using the code and variables, is unrelated. If you see that you need to change code or you need to add code, you have to. What you want to do does not come out-of-the-box, so your only option is to roll your own solution.
    Monday, January 15, 2018 10:05 AM