Can't add new Entity Data Model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

recently I installed Entity Framework 4.1 on my computer (used to work with the June CTP version)...

When I wan't to create a new Entity Data model is always get an error (see image).

I already googled this problem and generally there are 2 solutions:

• Reinstall visual studio: didn't work for me
    • Replace dll: I don't know what dll I should replace --> I already search for a 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.dll' and a 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Tools.Design.Common.dll' but nothing was found on my computer.

Please help me because i've been searching for a solution for 2 days now! Thanks

Error

Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Test9992,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you uninstall CTP and SSDT before you reinstall Visual Studio? If did not, I recommend you try to uinstall CTP and SSDT first, then uninstall and install Visual Studio. After that, please try to create a new project to connect the database.

Have a nice day.

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Test9992 Monday, December 17, 2012 9:26 AM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Test9992,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you uninstall CTP and SSDT before you reinstall Visual Studio? If did not, I recommend you try to uinstall CTP and SSDT first, then uninstall and install Visual Studio. After that, please try to create a new project to connect the database.

Have a nice day.

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Test9992 Monday, December 17, 2012 9:26 AM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Thank you, your solution worked for me!
    Monday, December 17, 2012 9:27 AM