How to select trial period of my windows phone 8 app like in Windows store RRS feed

• Question

• I have done implementing the trail experience in apps, but I have not found anywhere in windows phone store app submission section for selecting the trail period like in Windows Store app submission.... trail period (like 7 days, 15 days ...) sets automatically by Store or I have to take care of that also?
     If so ,how to do that...

Friday, July 4, 2014 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Narendramacha,

This option is available in the App Info section under Pricing there is a checkbox when you submit your app.

You must also implement the trial experience within your code.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 9:45 PM
  • Hi Eric, I agree with you but we have or I have seen only price and allow trail downloads options only but there is no option to set number of days trail like in  windows 8 apps store.....
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:58 AM
  • As far as I know, there is no time-bound (days in your case) trial mode available for Windows Phone. What you can do (manually) is: When user installs the app and runs for the first time, create a variable in ISO settings and check its value at every app run. 

The trial API available in WP8.0 allows you to limit features in trial app (when downloaded as trial from store) and open up them (when bought from store). So you can check if the app is in trial or full feature mode. That's it. It doesn't mention or provide any API about time based trials.

Mayur Tendulkar | Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone Development http://www.mayurtendulkar.com

Monday, July 7, 2014 1:30 PM