Migrate paid app to free with in-app purchase RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make my paid app with timed trial to free with ads. Also I want to add IAP for users to disable ads from app. I have paid users who already bought my app. Is it possible to check paid license of user and disable ads for them without new in-ap purchase?
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Alexey,

>Is it possible to check paid license of user and disable ads for them without new in-ap purchase?

You could use the method in Windows collection API to query the specific product owned by a user. You could disable ads for them if you find out they have owned your app product.

For more details, please refer to Query for products.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Alexey Arefiev Monday, December 11, 2017 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexey,

>Is it possible to check paid license of user and disable ads for them without new in-ap purchase?

You could use the method in Windows collection API to query the specific product owned by a user. You could disable ads for them if you find out they have owned your app product.

For more details, please refer to Query for products.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Alexey Arefiev Monday, December 11, 2017 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:50 AM
  • See threads here :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/707f669a-50be-4ec4-9b7f-fd19f9c1a5f1/change-app-from-trial-to-free-in-app-purchase?forum=windowsstore

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/e6735273-fe03-4c49-aeb4-cc521ef26f2b/c-uwp-w10-moving-from-freemium-to-free-in-app-purchases?forum=wpdevelop

Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:12 PM