none
updating VS08 project file locations RRS feed

• Question

• I have been developing in C# and have been using one directory structure.  I needed to change the directory structure and now when I try to open existing C# projects, I get "cannot find file at ...." and it shows me the original file location.  Where do I update the paths to the new directory structure?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What do you mean of 'directory structure'? How do you open the project? If you manually go to the foler and open the project file, does this issue still exist?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Friday, April 23, 2010 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

If VS can't find the files to your existing projects you can put them back where ever it was and try open the project.

Friday, April 23, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Are you able to see blank project in Solution explorer at-least?

If yes then try to select the Project and see its Properties in Properties Windows, you will see Project Path, else you can also set it from Tools --Options, Project and Solution.

Vidya Vrat Agarwal. MCPD,MCTS, MCT, MCSD .NET, MCAD .NET, MCSD. http://dotnetpassion.blogspot,com
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:26 PM