AAD Password reset not taking effect for Windows 10 Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a rather strange problem with AAD and am at a loss on how to proceed:

Windows 10 Pro machine has been working fine with a user signed into AAD.

Member of staff has left the business, and I have reset their password (several times now, via Office 365 and the azure portal), as I need to get onto the device under the user account to retrieve company information.

The new password does not seem to take effect on the device, and I simply get "the password is incorrect".

I am also unable to log on to the device using my (office 365 / azure) admin account (this time I get the username or password is incorrect).

I am therefore unable to get on to the device at all. Any old mechanisms I might have used to get onto the machine (local pw reset, local admin account etc) won't work as the machine has bitlocker applied and even if I could get local access the AAD passwords aren't (as far as I believe) stored in a SAM file anyway...

Any suggestions?

I know the machine is on the network as intune has updated and I can even trigger a remote restart using intune, but it's as if it's ignoring the updated password and still looking at a cached one.

Thanks,

Robert

• Edited by rjdadie Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I see that the query or issue needs a further deeper dive technically. I recommend you to create a technical support ticket from Azure portal with proper support coding.

we have to collect multiple data to address the issue. 
    The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution for your issue. 

Regards
    Vijisankar

• Edited by vijisankar Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:28 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi, I have logged a ticket and will report back on the results.

Would still be interested to hear of anyone having experienced similar problems, or indeed solutions!

Robert Adie

• Edited by rjdadie Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:03 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:03 PM