none
Windows Deployment Services UEFI Boot RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for taking your time to respond back to my issue. 

So we recently implemented WDS and MDT to automate our imaging process.  Everything has been working fine till we received a new Latitude 5590.  This model of Latitude does not support legacy boot for the internal hdd, it only allows Legacy boot for external devices.  If I enable Legacy boot and boot off the "onboard NIC", it boots to WDS and I am able to start a task sequence for MDT.  The task sequence finishes after installing the OS and then it reboots the laptop.  But it just pxe boots back to WDS. This action only happens if I boot off the "LEGACY EXTERNAL DEVICE: Onboard NIC"

My boot screen looks like the following:

LEGACY EXTERNAL DEVICE BOOT:

Onboard NIC

UEFI BOOT:

Onboard NIC (IPV4)

Onboard NIC (IPV6)

When I select the UEFI Boot "Onboard NIC (IPV4)" nothing happens and it returns a

Press F1 Key to try to reboot

Press F2 to reboot into set up etc..

All of our other systems that support Legacy Boot of the internal HDD work fine with WDS/MDT.  The only system that I am having issues with are the ones that do not support the Legacy boot. 

WDS and DHCP are on different servers.

They are also on the same subnet. 

Starting to suspect that this is a networking issue since the legacy NIC boots just fine but the UEFI boot doesn't even get picked up by WDS.  Any recommendations?

• Edited by ITRosado Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:32 PM