Text Box RRS feed

• Question

• I want to open a file by inputting the file name into the Text Box. I DO NOT want to input the file into the Text Box.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Answers

• I want to open a file by inputting the file name into the Text Box. I DO NOT want to input the file into the Text Box.

What kind of application is this (Win32, MFC, WinForms, ...)? If it is not a C++ application you are in the wrong forum.

But basically, you need to create a form or dialog with a textbox and a button. When the button is clicked, read the file name form the text box and open the file.

What part are you having trouble with?

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:08 AM

All replies

What kind of application is this (Win32, MFC, WinForms, ...)? If it is not a C++ application you are in the wrong forum.

But basically, you need to create a form or dialog with a textbox and a button. When the button is clicked, read the file name form the text box and open the file.

What part are you having trouble with?

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:08 AM
  • I have a Windows Form C++ CLR program with a Text Box to input file name. My present file input is

ofstream

myInfile ("ClearText.txt"); which is written into the program. I want to input the file name in a Text Box at run time. My Text Box code is:

//Property to access the text in the edit box

public

: propertyString^ InTextString

{

String^

get() {returninFileText->Text; }

voidset(String^ inText) {inFileText->Text = inText; }

}

My Text Box works for my password, but not filename input. Thank you for any help. I've tried everything.

• Edited by Lancer63 Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:32 PM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:31 PM