none
MFC for V.S 2015: Ucrtbased.dll is missing

Question

• Hello,

With V.S 2015 I created a (very) simple MFC dialog.

Then, with installshield (for V.S 2015) I created a setup project and marked the components listed in the following snapshot. 

The installation (under Windows embedded 7-SP1) was completed successfully. 

When I launched the application I got:

Ucrtbased.dll is missing 

Can you help ?

BTW: In a setup project for V.S 2010, upon adding exe file (MFC) all the dependencies dlls are added. 

This does not happen in V.S 2015. I think this is a mistake. 

Thank you,

Z.V

Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Z.V,

When I created a MFC project in Visual Studio 2015, after running it, I find out that ucrtbased.dll is required. However, in Visual Studio 2010 the MFC application does not load the ucrtbased.all in my side. I have both vs2015 and vs2010 on windows 10 in my side.

In VS2015 :

In VS2010 there is no ucrtbased.dll, just ucrtbase.dll:

The path of ucrtbased.dll in my side is: C:\Windows\System32

You may have a check if you have it in your machine.

You might need add ucrtbased.dll file in your project in VS 2015.

As the ucrtbased.dll belongs to Universal CRT which is a component of Windows operating system, and it’s a part of Window 10. It’s also available for older version of the operating system via installing Window 10 SDK.

Here is link provides the site where you could download SDK, and it also mentions some notes you need be aware. Please refer to it.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk

Installation of Windows 10 SDK on Windows 8.1 and earlier operating systems requires KB2999226. To install through Windows Update, make sure you install the latest recommended updates and patches from Microsoft Update before you install the Windows SDK.

Please give it a try and I hope it works.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 6:47 AM
  • Hi Fletcher,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to install KB299926 before  win10SDK.

I got the message:

Searching for updates in this computer...

The update is not applicable to your computer.

Can you help ?

Thank you,

Z.V

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Hi Z.V,

To install KB299926, it requires some particular operating systems, please make sure that your system is in the list.

You could check at this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

As you created the MFC with VS 2015, I suggest you add ucrtbased.dll file in your setup project (whose system is in the list above) before you install it in Windows embedded 7-SP1.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:29 AM