none
PowerPoint SaveAs should go through process as like New Presentation RRS feed

• Question

• I have handled new presentation event , so on very New PowrePoint Presentation I always add a unique key in Presentation custom document properties.
    When End user does SaveAs action , so this time flow is different  and SavedAs presentation is no more new presentation. 

It does not handle New Presentation event , so doesn't assign Id to SavedAs presentation. 

What I need is to capture such event or method or any property that would tell it is SavedAs Presentation so that I could assign ID to it.

Engr Umair shah

Monday, May 9, 2016 7:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Engr,

Why do you need to assign a new ID in the SaveAs event handler anew?

Instead, you can get an existing ID from document properties. What code exactly do you use in the SaveAs event handler?

[custom.development]

Monday, May 9, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Yeah I know I could get it from properties.

What I need is to differentiate presentations from each other that's why I assign GUID in to presentation in its custom document properties while in save as it has same ID in its properties so I need to add new one.

But there is no SaveAs event handler so I could do that.

thanks

Engr Umair shah

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:01 AM
  • Hi Engineer Umair shah,

can you able to provide the code so that we can see what exactly you are doing and how can we help you.

we can try to provide you a way to identify document is new or saved as.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:44 AM
  • Here is the code below

Private Sub pptApplication_NewPresentation(ByVal Pres As PowerPoint.Presentation) Handles PowerPointApplication.NewPresentation

Try

isNewPresentation = "Yes"
                If Not _isInClearResponse Then
                    Pres.CustomDocumentProperties.Add("PresentationID", False, MsoDocProperties.msoPropertyTypeString, Replace(Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "-", ""))
                    Pres.CustomDocumentProperties.Add(PRESENTATION_VERSION_PROPERTY, False, MsoDocProperties.msoPropertyTypeString, PRESENTATION_VERSION)

'Initialse the object of CreateDataTable.
                    If CreateDataTableObject Is Nothing Then
                        CreateDataTableObject = New CreateDataTable()
                    End If

'Call the function to create all the data tables.
                    CreateDataTableObject.CreateDataTables(Pres.CustomDocumentProperties("PresentationID").value)
                End If

_chartsManagerObject = GetChartsManagerObject()
                ResponseGridObject = GetResponseGridObject()
                ResponseCounterObject = GetResponseCounterObject()

Catch ex As Exception
            End Try

End Sub

Engr Umair shah

Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:09 AM

we will look into your code and will provide you an Appropriate suggestion.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:24 AM

when you try to save the presentation for first time at that set the PpMediaTaskStatus Enumeration.

set it to "ppMediaTaskStatusDone".

Then you can check this when you want to check that the presentation is new or saved as.

IF the property is set to "ppMediaTaskStatusDone" then you can assign a new id.For more information please visit the link below.

PpMediaTaskStatus Enumeration

Regards

Deepak

Saturday, June 18, 2016 6:28 AM