none
How to develope virtual printer driver? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to create a virtual printer driver in VC.

I am new to this.

I have some exposure to VC++/MFC.

From where i can get the basics to start with?

Any kind of help be appreciated.

Best Regards Gurmeet Singh Janjua
    Monday, March 21, 2011 6:21 AM

Answers

• Printer driver is user mode driver. WDK is necessary for developing printer driver.

You can find the samle code in "WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\print". There are Mini printer driver and costomized printer driver modes for you to select.

Since you want to make a virtual printer driver, maybe you need not convert the Font/Graphics/Bitmap objects to PCL printing language. Maybe you want to make a virtual printer driver just link some PDF converting tools. Is my guest right? I hope it is helpful.

Many thanks,

Audleyswood

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:23 AM

All replies

• Printer driver is user mode driver. WDK is necessary for developing printer driver.

You can find the samle code in "WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\print". There are Mini printer driver and costomized printer driver modes for you to select.

Since you want to make a virtual printer driver, maybe you need not convert the Font/Graphics/Bitmap objects to PCL printing language. Maybe you want to make a virtual printer driver just link some PDF converting tools. Is my guest right? I hope it is helpful.

Many thanks,

Audleyswood

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:23 AM
  • Thanks Audleyswood for your response,

Can you elaborate some more please.

As i am new to this kind of developement.

so can you provide me any link from where i can study and start work.

any demo application etc.

Thanks again...

Best Regards Gurmeet Singh Janjua
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:03 AM