none
where can I see the increased CPU cores quotas on VMs that I got from the support tickets? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi when I increase "limits" on cores for certain type of VMs I get a 

Request Summary / New Limit: 
    Resource Manager, EASTUS, DSv2 Series / 60

where do I see a list of VMs for which I have increased limits? if it is in "usage+quotas" on subscription blade, I don't see it. May be I am missing something.

Appreciate your help

Satya

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:19 PM

All replies

• when I try to create a databricks cluster there is a drop down for VMs which look like

Standard_DS3_V2

Standard_D3_V2

Now when I try to create it complains there are not enough cores (and I have only 10).

So I go to increase the limit through a support ticket (as advised). when I go there it presents a different list options for the VMs for me to choose such as

SKU....

Stanard DS Series....

etc.

etc.

How does one know how these names and their respective series are connected??? 

Appreciate your help

Satya

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:15 PM
  • There is not a place to see where you requested increases. Rather as you mentioned, you go to the Resources + Usage page and you can add filters to show all available quotas for your subscription. 

You cannot request quotas for your subscription as a whole. Rather, you select the series you want to have more cores for and the region you want to increase. You can select multiple different series of VMs to increases as once though. 

As per picking the size you want to increases, you basically just ignore the number. 

So if you want to use the Standard_DS sizes you select that option. 

If you want the Standard_D_V3 series, you select that. 

Let me know if you still have confusion and I can always elaborate further. 

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:03 PM
  • Any update on this issue? 

If you found the above proposed answer useful, please remember to "Up-vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can easily find the answer. 

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:35 PM
  • Any update on this? 

If the proposed answer was useful, please remember to "Up-Vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can benefit 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:00 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If your issue is resolved with the provided suggestion, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" on the post that helped you, so that other forum members can benefit from it.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:43 AM