Designer loads for ever

General discussion

• Visual Studio designer loads, but can not edit any code. Have to kill vs (XAML, VB). Hope can find the issue with notepad.

Feature request: switch of Designer background compile, when it hangs

Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• solved in xaml, was a typo in a static resource reference. Visual studio is here not a tool, more a enemy.
    Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:51 AM
  • back on issue again. makes "dang" and then the rotating wait occurs for ever

form previous "dang"s I think its the "fail to open" messagebox. This message is in any case useless, cause there is no what or name

Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:21 PM
  • @Hannes - there are a lot of known issues for the XAML designer in the preview.  it's a pretty heavy re-architecture and there are some rough edges in the developer preview.  We look forward to giving newer bits out (no, I cannot share a timeline).
    Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It would be great is you could share the project/xaml causing this error so that we can validate it is fixed or investigate the issue further.

You can get in touch with me at jeetenk at microsoft dot com

Thanks!

Jeetendra Kukreja [MSFT]

Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:40 AM