Can I use this software with AMD integrated graphics? RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has integrated graphics (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics), so won't the NVidia PhysX engine not work because it says on their website (see below) that it only works with NVidias graphics cards?

"Can I use an NVIDIA GPU as a PhysX processor and a non-NVIDIA GPU for regular display graphics?
    No. There are multiple technical connections between PhysX processing and graphics that require tight collaboration between the two technologies. To deliver a good experience for users, NVIDIA PhysX technology has been fully verified and enabled using only NVIDIA GPUs for graphics."

Friday, February 11, 2011 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hello Nutbutt,

you can use this software without support of physX. It just mention it every time in the logging that it will use Software Physics.

Besides in the beginning i thought in this case: "What? For sure it's every time software because i have no robot at all"
    Well as i find out that PhysX and its systemsoftware is a little bit picky i get sooner or later the point.

Greets Chris

Christian Böpple
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Nutbutt,

you can use this software without support of physX. It just mention it every time in the logging that it will use Software Physics.

Besides in the beginning i thought in this case: "What? For sure it's every time software because i have no robot at all"
    Well as i find out that PhysX and its systemsoftware is a little bit picky i get sooner or later the point.

Greets Chris

Christian Böpple
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:45 PM
  • ah thanks :)

So if i install it, it won't affect my graphics drivers or anything will it?

Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:38 PM
  • ^^ Hopefully not!

Besides this would be very akward.

But if! Mr. Kyle Johns sure wants to know... he is more active in the simulation section and i think he the professional to ask for this.

Chris

Christian Böpple
    Monday, February 14, 2011 8:46 AM