SharePoint 2010 Timer Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have 2 WFE's and 1 App Server SharePoint Farm.

I have installed a Timer Job feature on the farm and enabled the feature on the web application it is working fine as it is sending emails but it is not listed in Central Admin in job definitions, why?

Even on my development (single server) farm it is listed and working fine.

It is Site Scoped and and Job Lock Type is Job.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:41 PM

Answers

• Is it configured to run once or on a regular schedule? if it it a run once job, then it won't show up in the definitions after it has been executed. Check the job history.
    • When deploying, make sure you deploy your solution to Central Administration Web Application (no need to install or activate the features though) as CA is sitting on a different server (usually the app server) and won't get all the required dlls unless you deploy the code to it. if CA server doesn't have the required DLLs it won't show the job.

Hope this works for you

Dennis Alzoubi

• Marked as answer by M.Hijazi Monday, April 8, 2013 9:20 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 1:30 AM

All replies

• Is it configured to run once or on a regular schedule? if it it a run once job, then it won't show up in the definitions after it has been executed. Check the job history.
    • When deploying, make sure you deploy your solution to Central Administration Web Application (no need to install or activate the features though) as CA is sitting on a different server (usually the app server) and won't get all the required dlls unless you deploy the code to it. if CA server doesn't have the required DLLs it won't show the job.

Hope this works for you

Dennis Alzoubi

• Marked as answer by M.Hijazi Monday, April 8, 2013 9:20 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Thank you Dennis, it is done.
    Monday, April 8, 2013 9:20 PM