Customizing editable grid search RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of creating a master Inventory screen with the ability to View, Edit, add, delete and search a table in addition to other functionality. I know lightswitch wasn't necessary made to be able to do this as easily, but per customer's request simplicity without 500 navigation pages is needed.

I have everything working by using an Editable Grid screen and including an editable grid in the bottom right. My question is how to limit the search to just a single property in my entity without making them "un searchable" in the data designer. The reason being so I can create an advanced search screen by clicking another button. 

Rephrased to clarify. I have 3 string properties in my inventory table (technically what i'm searching is an integer, but I created another property with the same thing as a string). I need to search through ONLY 1 of those properties, but without disabling the other properties' ability to be searched elsewhere.

I have an inventory/stock number and would like to search based on that. 

• Edited by dmor574 Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:00 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:57 AM

Answers

• Would it be possible to just create a custom query with the three optional parameters and use that as the basis of the data? Bind the parameters to screen search fields or set them in code behind for a button. Then you have a custom filter if that would suffice.

Dave Baker | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 Opinions are my own. Please mark as answer if this helps solve your problem.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:44 PM