Content compliance certification with error code 0xc000027b. Cant debug to source code.

Question

• Hi experts,

I have developed an App and submitted to the app store. My app passed all Windows Certification kit tests but failed certification for Content Compliance with an error code 0xc000027b. Though not an expert I tried to debug the information from the Crash Dump and I couldn't relate the crash to any of the source code. But I saw that it was an unhandled exception and I wrapped all my Homepage functions with the hope to catch the exception. I couldnt catch it on any PC or Surface. I handled all the exceptions and resubmitted it but it failed again on the same error and I am totally lost now. I would appreciate any help on how to go from here. The crash dump report is stored at :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E32E591049EADA91!58275&authkey=!AJHxKg4VfiwP8PI&ithint=folder%2czip

Friday, January 16, 2015 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

It sounds like the crash happened because of an "Access is denied" error. It looks like your app is using the CurrentAppSimulator class in your submitted app which will fail certification. Please ensure that you replace the CurrentAppSimulator class with CurrentApp and then resubmit to the store.

Here's the faulting callstack which results in the crash:

STACK_TEXT: 
    00000000 00000001 windows_applicationmodel!Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.CurrentAppSimulator.get_LicenseInformation+0x2
    050af944 00e705e1 ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x11
    050af9c8 00e702eb ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x83
    050af9dc 00e70251 ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x11

This link talks about it all: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.applicationmodel.store.currentappsimulator.aspx

Note  You must replace the CurrentAppSimulator class with the CurrentApp class before you submit the app to the Windows Store. Apps that use the CurrentAppSimulator will fail certification.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, January 16, 2015 11:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It sounds like the crash happened because of an "Access is denied" error. It looks like your app is using the CurrentAppSimulator class in your submitted app which will fail certification. Please ensure that you replace the CurrentAppSimulator class with CurrentApp and then resubmit to the store.

Here's the faulting callstack which results in the crash:

STACK_TEXT: 
    00000000 00000001 windows_applicationmodel!Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.CurrentAppSimulator.get_LicenseInformation+0x2
    050af944 00e705e1 ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x11
    050af9c8 00e702eb ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x83
    050af9dc 00e70251 ultimatecricketscorer!UNKNOWN+0x11

This link talks about it all: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.applicationmodel.store.currentappsimulator.aspx

Note  You must replace the CurrentAppSimulator class with the CurrentApp class before you submit the app to the Windows Store. Apps that use the CurrentAppSimulator will fail certification.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, January 16, 2015 11:21 PM
  • Hi Prashant,

Thanks a lot for your valuable input. Yes, I do have CurrentAppSimulator but I do not take decisions based on that and my decisions are based on CurrentApp only. I will completely remove any reference to CurrentAppSimulator and will resubmit again.

Also, I couldn't see the call stack at all when I tried to debugg the crash dump. is there a link that talks about how to get the call stack from the crash dump ? if you know, please let me know too.

Anyway, thanks again for your timely help.

Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:09 AM
  • The easiest way to debug is to use the "!analyze -v" (no quotes) command when using the Windows Debuggers (windbg.exe). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx talks about how to install Windbg.

Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:19 AM
  • Gotcha.. Thanks a lot..
    Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:50 AM