VS 2013 price with VS Online RRS feed

• Question

• If I  have Visual Studio Online Professional, how much do I have to pay for the Visual Studio software? The use of Visual Studio 2013 Professional is included in the subscription of Visual Studio Online Professional? If I don't have the software (VS 2013), may I download it for free and use it, because I am paying the VS Online subscription? Or do I have to buy it, if I want to use it?

2)  I would like to import a VS2010 project into VS 2013. But the report says that it is necessary the Office 2010 or a more recent one (the project targets Excel 2007). Can I use VS Online (exclusively) to do the conversion, or do I need to have Office 2010 or greater, and VS 2013 (Professional)?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Jorge,

Please check the replies below for your concerns:

1. Visual Studio Online Professional combines the capabilities found in Visual Studio Online Basic with a convenient, monthly subscription to the latest version of Visual Studio Professional. If you already have Visual Studio Online professional, you can get Visual Studio Professional with a Visual Studio Online account on a monthly per-user plan. You can check VSO Professional in this page for more details. For VS Online pricing, please check this page for more information. And you can also use Visual Studio Express to work with Visual Studio Online for free.

2. If you want to use VS 2010 project with VS 2013, you might need to upgrade the project to VS 2013 project and install newer version of Office if needed. However, you can use VS 2010 to work with Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service) if upgrade Office is not your option.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:22 AM