SharePoint could not lookup to numerical fields. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    i have a list that have a numeric column.
    in second list, i want to lookup to that numerical field which exists in first fields, but it could not load numerical fields in lookup fields comboBox. how can i do that ?
    thanks
    this is my Signature
    Monday, August 3, 2009 11:06 AM

Answers

• Maybe create a calculated column in the 1st list and set its value to be equal to the numeric column, then make it a Single Line of Text data type.  In your 2nd list, lookup the calculated column (if that works - I can't remember if Lookup columns can reference calculated columns).
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:21 PM

All replies

• Maybe create a calculated column in the 1st list and set its value to be equal to the numeric column, then make it a Single Line of Text data type.  In your 2nd list, lookup the calculated column (if that works - I can't remember if Lookup columns can reference calculated columns).
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:21 PM

Thanks Clayton
    i tried your suggestion and its worked.
    but why sharepoint does not allow to lookup to numerical fields ?
    i think there is an easier way to accomplish this, but how to ?
    thanks
    this is my Signature
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:43 PM
  • Because you would just see a dropdown list of random numbers.  If they aren't really numbers for calculations, then make it a text field. 
    Monday, August 3, 2009 2:03 PM