Live Support Chat in asp.net .. RRS feed

• Question

• User1190855684 posted

hi, i haven't started to work yet, but i want to get an idea if there's an open source code for Live Suppor for Asp.net. actually my employers want to get a live support chat in a way that all the Chat agents that are online should be displayed on every page of the website. the chat logs should be saved in admins account with the chat agents name. the logs should have the date and time, loggin logout time etc details attached with it.
    Also, my employer wants a message box on every employers account page, so that they can communicate with each other through this.
    The Admin should/can monitor all the activity during these sessions. (either by logs or any thing else).

Is there an easy way which i can get all this as open source or any help.

Thank You.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:44 AM

Answers

• User142102346 posted

Please follow the link you were sent above. it has a free download right on the bottom of the page.

it is a sample chat though but it might give you an idea of what you need to do.

and hey, do not prefer something that someone has developed but rather use it as a template to get the idea of how to implement your own.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:34 AM

All replies

• User-1759624489 posted

You better download a live support chat.

You will need to write your own code to save the conversations.

but thats easy

http://steveorr.net/articles/WebChat.aspx

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:49 AM
  • User1190855684 posted

but none of the Live chat supports are free. any free or open source available?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:15 AM
  • User142102346 posted

Please follow the link you were sent above. it has a free download right on the bottom of the page.

it is a sample chat though but it might give you an idea of what you need to do.

and hey, do not prefer something that someone has developed but rather use it as a template to get the idea of how to implement your own.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:34 AM
  • User-455638226 posted

Comm100 Live Chat is completely free:

http://www.comm100.com/livechat/

It is hosted so it is compatible with your asp.net.

Thanks.

Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:27 AM