How can I Increase/decrease the speed of a wave file while playing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I am Srikanth and new to this forum. The problem i am facing is that i am unable to alter the speed of a wave file when it is playing as it can be done in the Sound Recorder that is provided in the Windows.

I have searched for the API Calls present in WinMM.lib but couldn't get any one. The library that i am using is WinMM.lib. I got an API call in Mulit-Media Control Interface API "MCIWndSetSpeed()" through which i can increase/Decrease the speed of MP3 files but i am unable to do the same when i am playing wave files.

So kindly help me in overcoming this problem

Monday, April 16, 2007 10:38 AM

Answers

• I'm not an expert in MCI, but from what I can tell, MCI does not support changing the playback speed for wave files. Also, I don't see any way to query for this capability, except to call MCIWndSetSpeed and check the status code.

You could call MCIWndSetSpeed(hwnd, 1000) after you create device, and if it returns an error code, then you know that capability isn't present. (Create your MCI window with the MCIWNDF_NOERRORDLG flag to suppress the MCI error dialog.)

If you really need this capability, you might need to use something besides MCI, which is a very old API. For example, you might try DirectShow or the Windows Media Player OCX.

(btw, this forum is really for Media Foundation questions ... but I can't think of a good forum for MCI questions!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mike Wasson, SDK Documentation
      This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

(c) 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:11 PM