Windows 8 dev preview better than Windows 7? Yes it is!

All replies

• Except for the whole incompatibility thing.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Except for the whole incompatibility thing.
    True. Most of my programs depend on the compatibility settings, without it just keeps crashing
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Windows 8 dev preview better than Windows 7? Yes it is!

Windows 7 rocks, so I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

If Windows 8 can be made to be able to stay at the Aero desktop for serious users, with occasional trips over to Metro land for applet testing or whatever, then we can talk.  :)

-Noel

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:22 PM
  • it will take some more time for 'old style customers' to actually feel Windows 8 is the future.
    AMS
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:06 AM
  • Hogwash... This is sacrificing the productivity of the professionals just so that Tom, Dick and Harriet can feel good about their social addictions and their need to consume internet junk.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:03 AM
  • it will take some more time for 'old style customers' to actually feel Windows 8 is the future.
    AMS

Don't actually do work with Windows, do you, AMS?

-Noel

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:43 PM
  • What I have said is very precise and clear! I have met several (or maybe more) of Windows 7 customers (who did not use Windows 8 at the first place). They too don't like the Metro UI. But when they played sometime around with it, they simply loved it and don't want to go back to Windows 7.

I agree with what you have said before, implementing a way to allow users to stay at Aero Desktop environment or simply use both Metro UI & Desktop experience at the same time. I am sure Microsoft will provide such an option in future. If not, it's fine for me (my opinion*).

I personally love how we can switch between Desktop environment and Metro UI. We can expect many more changes in upcoming versions. 

AMS
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:35 PM