Collecting comments workflow via Excel Web Query RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

As a newbie I’m struggling with collecting the workflow comments for a full document library.

Basic system:

A document library with several documents in it

All documents are approved/rejected by users

Desired outcome:

Excel file which collects via a web query all comments generated for all documents in the document library

In practice I will have 20 to 30 document libraries (= one for each department) with on each document library an automatically starting workflow for approval by the department head. I will make once a excel file with a macro in it to automatically query each library for collecting the comments & approval status.

Note: I have _NO_ access to sharepoint designer

Greetz,

Peter,

Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

From your description, I understand that you want to collect all comments from a document library and create a macro to collect all comments from all libraries. So is your problem that you can’t get workflow comments in Excel? Comments are all stored in Approver Comments column in library, you need to select this column to display in a view, and after you export that view to spreadsheet you can see that column is listed in the workbook. Then you can try to connect PivotTables in Excel to Data Stored in SharePoint Lists follow this reference (some programming is needed). Or try Excel 2007 Add-in to synchronize Excel with SharePoint List.

Let me know if I misunderstand you.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by David HM Friday, May 13, 2011 3:20 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:12 AM