none
[OK] Calculated field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I built a report based on the view [Order Details Extended] of the Northwind database.

As you perhaps know, this view contains a calculated field named ExtendedPrice, the formula of which is

(dbo.[Order Details].UnitPrice * dbo.[Order Details].Quantity) * (1 - dbo.[Order Details].Discount) / 100) * 100 AS ExtendedPrice

being given that [Order Details] is one of the tables that constitute the view [Order Details Extended].

When in the report, one of the controls is supposed to show

=Fields!ExtendedPrice.Value

but in fact this shows nothing at all. I changed the backcolor and the alignment to be sure it was not outside the display scope. Of course if I base the calculation on the fields of the report then the result appears, but then the advantage of creating a calculated field in the view ellapses.

In another thread I saw that a question of scope of the variables can be implied, but I am not very sure this applies the same way here.

I presume that if I create a query based on a stored procedure the rules are not necessarily the same, I shall give that a try.

Does anybody know about a solid documentation on this topic ? Or even something good to know about it ?

• Edited by Gloops Sunday, May 29, 2011 2:38 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:26 PM

Answers

• Oh, I am sorry.

The data was not available because I did not select the good query in the data source.

• Marked as answer by Gloops Sunday, May 29, 2011 2:37 PM
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 2:36 PM