none
WCF Options Tab Missing in Properties - TFS Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution with 3 projects; 2 WCF projects and 1 web application.   This solution is in our corporate TFS environment and is accessed by other developers.  I set up the solution and projects and checked them in.  We've been in development for several months now. 

On our build machine, I retreived the source from TFS, however the WCF projects no longer appear as WCF projects.  I don't get the WCF Options tab when I click on properties.  Also, I don't get the publish button (which is most important). 

On my local machine, the WCF projects are WCF.  I've checked in the projects, and checked in the solution.  Then did a Get on the build machine.  The WCF projects still aren't recognized as WCF. 

Any ideas on how to get TFS to recognize those projects as WCF Projects?  Someone suggested creating a new WCF project and copying all the files, but that would be really disruptive to the other developers, and look funny to our SOX auditors.  I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Thanks!
    Rob

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

The project info is stored in csproj file (vbproj for vb project). You could use Notepad to open it. I suggest you compare the bad wcf project file with a normal wcf project file, see what's the difference, then fix it.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:29 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:02 AM