Toolbar questions RRS feed

• Question

• 1. How to add bitmaps to buttons? Right now i'm trying:

TBADDBITMAP tbAB = {hInst, IDB_BITMAP1};
        int bmp = SendMessage(hwndTB, TB_ADDBITMAP, (WPARAM) 3, (LPARAM)  &tbAB);
    tbb[0].iBitmap        = bmp;

This works with TB_ADDSTRING. In fact, i don't even need to do this
        tbb[0].iString = iName;
    for the strings to go on the buttons. It 'conveniently' does it by itself.

2. How to keep text on buttons after resize? Right now i'm using
        SendMessage(hwndTB, TB_SETBUTTONSIZE, 0, (LPARAM) MAKELONG(15, 16));
        SendMessage(hwndTB, TB_AUTOSIZE, 0, 0);

3. How to make tooltips work? Should i make another toolbar that only has internal strings to pass into
        SendMessage(hwndTB, TB_SETTOOLTIPS, (WPARAM) hwndTIPS, 0);
    ?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:29 AM

Answers

• I'd recommend you to post such question in win32.programmer.ui newsgroup which is much related to your topic. Sorry that I didn't mention this in previou thread that I remember you asked another question about how to create toolbar. This forum is set for visual c++ 2005 questions and currently not handle these UI issue. Thank you for your understanding.

If you cannot find a more appropriate place or still believe this forum is the best fit for your questions, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved and we will look into it again.

best regards,

rico

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:10 AM

All replies

• I'd recommend you to post such question in win32.programmer.ui newsgroup which is much related to your topic. Sorry that I didn't mention this in previou thread that I remember you asked another question about how to create toolbar. This forum is set for visual c++ 2005 questions and currently not handle these UI issue. Thank you for your understanding.

If you cannot find a more appropriate place or still believe this forum is the best fit for your questions, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved and we will look into it again.

best regards,

rico

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:10 AM
  • Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:43 PM