none
Using Multiple version of COM dll with C# application RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on WPF application. I need to use two version of COM dll in that WPF application so How can I achieve that ?

Can anybody please guide me ?  -mrutyunjaya

Monday, January 21, 2019 11:02 AM

All replies

• You need to explain why you need two different versions of the same COM. What is it that distinguishes these two versions? Can you simply not create two different COM modules with different interfaces?
    Monday, January 21, 2019 4:13 PM
  • I have been working on WPF application. I need to use two version of COM dll in that WPF application so How can I achieve that ?

Can anybody please guide me ?  -mrutyunjaya

Find the equivalent .NET DLL, becuase I doubt that you can do anything in trying to use multiple versions of a COM DLL in a .NET solution. 
    Monday, January 21, 2019 11:20 PM
  • Suppose I have one old and new version of COM dll. But in new version, one feature is deprecated. I need that feature from old version of dll. So I wanted to use both. So How can I achieve that ?

-Mrutyunjaya

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Suppose I have one old and new version of COM dll. But in new version, one feature is deprecated. I need that feature from old version of dll. So I wanted to use both. So How can I achieve that ?

-Mrutyunjaya

You couldn't use two COM DLL(s) on the machine when they were the same named DLL but different versions and everything was COM back in the da. It was just one issue of many issues in COM DLL Hell. 

You can do what you are talking about with .NET DLL, becuase they don't have to be registered with the O/S. COM DLL(s) must be registered with the O/S. I could be wrong, but it's not easy in your scenario with two or more different versions of a .NET DLL being on the machine let alone a COM DLL of different versions. 

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:02 AM