problem when adding back button shortcut

Question

• HI all

I'm using a Grid template and I made the back button the only problem here when I want to return to the previous page I should double click on the page body then I could use the shortcut I made .

<script>

(function () {"use strict";

ui.Pages.define("/nextPage.html",

// Navigates to the groupHeaderPage. Called from the groupHeaders,

// keyboard shortcut and iteminvoked.

navigateToGroup: function (key) {

nav.navigate("/pages/groupDetail/groupDetail.html", { groupKey: key });

}, }) }); </script>

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. A double-click is a complex maneuver. The user will sometimes fail, triggering the single-click action instead. Therefore, you don't want to do anything that may annoy him.

2. If you don't want the single-click action to be triggered when every time the user double-clicks, you have no other way than putting a timeout. It means that every user trying to use the single-click will have to bear with that timeout, decreasing application responsiveness and hindering user experience.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:27 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. A double-click is a complex maneuver. The user will sometimes fail, triggering the single-click action instead. Therefore, you don't want to do anything that may annoy him.

2. If you don't want the single-click action to be triggered when every time the user double-clicks, you have no other way than putting a timeout. It means that every user trying to use the single-click will have to bear with that timeout, decreasing application responsiveness and hindering user experience.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:27 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:38 AM
  • So if I need to use the shortcut without clicking on the page as the second scenario like other pages "GroupedItem"Shall there are options rather than timeout ?

Hi,

1. If you don't want the single-click action to be triggered when every time the user double-clicks, you have no other way than putting a timeout. It means that every user trying to use the single-click will have to bear with that timeout, decreasing application responsiveness and hindering user experience.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:25 PM