Is it a known but that a new content file in app update is missing when user upate his/her app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an app Tampere Bus Explorer which uses two local SQL databases. In the previous version the database was gradually created downloading necessary information from server on user requests. In the new/current version I added database files (content, copy always) into the package.

Now when I updated app on my phone, I didn't got any data from one of those database files. Then i removed and install the app from market place again, and then I was able to see the information related to both database files.

Is it some known issue that some content files are missing on app update? how to avoid this situation?

-Waqas

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• Sorry, it was my mistake. After the update the application isolated storage was not removed so it was using the old database file and not the newly included one.

I guess there should be some options to remove files from isolated storage while installing the app. currently it needs to be done by developers through code.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:12 PM