none
Setting the multiple dynamic email addresses in the BTSNTSvc64.exe.config RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know how to set the more no.of email addresses in the BTSNTSvc64.exe.config so just the key can be used in the orchestration.I have edited the BTSNTSvc64.exe.config file like

<add key ="PO100ErrorEmail" > 
           <value>abc@gmail.org</value>  
          <value>def@gmail.com"</value>    
    </add>

So I can just use the mail to in orchestration as

Email_Port(Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.Address) = "mailto:"+ System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["PO100ErrorEmail"];

But I am getting error like

A message sent to adapter "SMTP" on send port "Orchestration_Email_Port_92b5d5848516fe8f" with URI "mailto:" is suspended.
     Error details: At least one recipient is required, but none were found.

How can I do that..

Monday, May 18, 2015 5:52 PM

Answers

• The typical use case for a dynamic SMTP Send Port is the destination address.

If the recipient list changes slowly, then just use the Port configuration.

• Marked as answer by vdha Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:02 PM

All replies

• The multi-address format is just a comma separated list: joe@microsoft.com, jane@microsoft.com.

Have you looked into any other options?  The .config files are generally not recommended for BizTalk apps.

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:23 PM
  • Although there are various ways to store configurable values for BizTalk applications. But I think the best way is to store it in BRE Policy.

For your scenario as well you can create a BRE Policy to store email id. Multiple email addresses can be stored as single property value separated by semi-colon(;).

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:27 AM
  • Krishna,

I have never used BRE policy before. My requirement is I have to email many different email addresses. I dont want to mention in orchestration because if the email addresses changes they I have to deploy the application again. What would be the best approach to do this.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Why can't you use the Send Port configuration?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:47 PM
  • I am constructing email dynamically in the orchestration. Is it possible to set the Send Port configuration
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:50 PM
  • The typical use case for a dynamic SMTP Send Port is the destination address.

If the recipient list changes slowly, then just use the Port configuration.

• Marked as answer by vdha Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:02 PM