none
Bluetooth audio support in Windows CE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm working with Freescale MX51 processor and the APM 6658 BT/WiFi module in Windows CE 6.0. The module is an HCI module based on CSR core.

I need to add to my OS image HS anf HF profiles to establish communication and test audio with a cell phone. Here begins my problems. If I include form the catalog the Bluetooth HS/HF and audio gateway service (SYSGEN_BTH_AG), however the HS/HF profile are not available.

Reading some posts on the net, someone say that I't necessary to set SYSGEN_BTH_AUD variable... this is not possible from the catalog! Otherwise, reading the windows ce 5.0 doc, setting this variable should include in the OS the btscosnd.dll... but taking a look on windows ce 6.0, there is only the possibility to compile a static library called btscosnd.lib (under PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\BLUETOOTH\SAMPLES\BTSCOSND

on other posts others say that to enable the HF/HS frofile, the following key must be added to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\HandsfreeProfileOn]. I tried, but without success.

So, it seems ther a bit of confusion about this argument. Can someone give me clear information on how add Bluetooth audio support in Windows CE 6.0?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Regards, Paolo

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

I've added rhe SYSGEN_BTH_AUD variable and foolowed the instrucion given at address

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms880945.aspx

in order to add all the registry keys needed to support HF/HS profile.
    Compiling in debug mode, I got the message: BTAGSVC: Audio Gateway Service started successfully,
    but HS/HF profile are not available.
    Taking a look to the output log, I've found two error messages:
    1) BTAGSVC: Error finding cellular line: 1168
    2) BTAGSVC: Error initializing network module: 1168
    Hope these info can be useful to receive some suggestions... I'm loosing a lot of time on this issue.
    Regards, Paolo
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:51 AM
  • Hi Paolo,

I try now to do the sambe with MX51 processor and the APM 6658.

Did you do?

I'm trying now to build the freescale BSP with the Bluetooth component.

Now the connection with the APM6658 over serial is ok but if I scan I can't see and other BT device on the air.

Have you any trick? Witch component and driver have you used?

regards,

david

Friday, August 26, 2011 2:16 PM