none
Load Visual Gesture Builder Database out of a ressource RRS feed

• Question

• I added a VGB Database to my Project. I tried to embedd it into the assembly. I can access the file via URI pack Format. Is it possible, to load the database from a stream read from new Uri(...)?

Thank you for your answers!

Matthias

Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:21 PM

Answers

• The underlying code for VGB will always try to load this from disk. For distribution, you may want to embed as a resource but ultimately, you will need to save it back out to a file during your applications execution. Depending on where the file is deployed, you may not have permissions to do so, so you may need to elevate and ask permission to do that step.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:56 PM

All replies

• The underlying code for VGB will always try to load this from disk. For distribution, you may want to embed as a resource but ultimately, you will need to save it back out to a file during your applications execution. Depending on where the file is deployed, you may not have permissions to do so, so you may need to elevate and ask permission to do that step.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:56 PM
  • OK, thank you for your answer!

I thought that. I will extract the file into some Kind of %TEMP% Folder and load it from there.

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:56 AM
  • the database and .exe will have to be in the same folder. You can use Process Monitor to check the path where it is trying to load if there are failures.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, December 12, 2014 8:04 PM