none
MVC 5 ASP web app - How to create User identity for another user and then send them link to finish registering RRS feed

• Question

• For my MVC 5 web app, I have a use case where a supervisor needs to assign an activity to an employee who may not have yet registered as a user for this system. I'd like to create the User identity, but then send a link to that user and have them finish registering. Once they register, the activity that was assigned by the supervisor will now be actionable by that user. Can someone point me to an example of creating a User so that they exist in the ASP identity tables, but isn't registered until that person completes the registration?
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Chuck Krutsinger,

Like your title mentioned, your case more related to MVC 5 ASP web app, I would suggest you repost this issue in MVC forum.

http://forums.asp.net/1146.aspx

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:07 AM

All replies