none
both side printing on the same page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a module in the software which prints 6 report files one by one.

REPORT FORM REPORT1 TO PRINTER

REPORT FORM REPORT2 TO PRINTER

REPORT FORM REPORT3 TO PRINTER

REPORT FORM REPORT4 TO PRINTER

REPORT FORM REPORT5 TO PRINTER

REPORT FORM REPORT6 TO PRINTER

Each report prints one page only.

These works well till now.

But my customer have purchased a new laser printer which the feature of both side printing.

Now the problem is that if I give the print of the report which produces more than one page, than it prints both side of page i.e. first page of the report on one side of the page and second page of the report on another side of the same page.

But if I tries to print the above stated repots one by one, than it print single page output of the REPORT1 to one side of the page and then print the output of REPORT2 on the another page (another sheet), while I want that it should print the output of REPORT2 on another side of the same page where the REPORT1 Output is printed, So that both sides of pages can be used.

What is the solution?

Deepak

Deepak Kharpate

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

did you try PRINTJOB....ENDPRINTJOB?

PRINTJOB
    ENDPRINTJOB

Gruss / Best regards
    -Tom
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible,
    you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. 010101100100011001010000011110000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepak,

did you try PRINTJOB....ENDPRINTJOB?

PRINTJOB
    ENDPRINTJOB

Gruss / Best regards
    -Tom
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible,
    you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. 010101100100011001010000011110000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:17 AM
  • They will have duplex print set as their default on the printer in the control panel. If this app is for just the one client, you can try fixing this by installing the printer driver for their printer and then set up the report using the specific printer driver with duplex turned off.

HTH

Mike z

Monday, August 12, 2013 2:03 PM
  • It may not give you exactly what you want but have you tried NOPAGEEJECT?  (From VFP 8 help)

NOPAGEEJECT
    Specifies that Visual FoxPro does not force a sheet eject at the end of a report and leaves the print job open. The next report printed is added to the open print job.

You can use NOPAGEEJECT to set up duplex printing, that is, printing on the reverse side of a previous report. You can also chain multiple reports and have page numbers continue from one report to the next, which is useful for tasks such as faxing reports.

Note   You must make sure that the last report run does not have a NOPAGEEJECT clause so the print job can be closed. NOPAGEEJECT is valid only in a program (.prg) and is disregarded when issued in the Command window.

Changing between page orientations, such as landscape to portrait, between reports is not supported.

The REPORT command still allows a NOEJECT keyword, which Visual FoxPro no longer supports but was used in older DOS versions of FoxPro and FoxBASE+.

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hello,

I would create 2 printers on customers side, one with duplex on one with duplex off.

The set the desired printer for each report(2) with set printer to name. We do the same with duplex and / or different trays.

Hth

Tom

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Thanks

I got a clue from your statement. With some little changes, I have find what I want.

I modified commands as below

SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80

REPORT FORM REPORT1.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 
    ENDPRINTJOB=0

REPORT FORM REPORT2.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 
    ENDPRINTJOB=0

REPORT FORM REPORT3.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 
    ENDPRINTJOB=0

REPORT FORM REPORT4.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 
    ENDPRINTJOB=0
    REPORT FORM REPORT5.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 
    ENDPRINTJOB=0

REPORT FORM REPORT6.FRX TO PRINTER NOPAGEEJECT 

Thanks a lot

Deepak Kharpate

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:59 PM
  • You can eliminate all those assignments to ENDPRINTJOB. They're not doing anything.

Tamar

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:44 PM