none
Which feature-pack contains shutdown.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot seem to figure out which feature pack contains shutdown.exe

I looked through this post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66bd4af2-b961-4e9d-bf71-cf58b86e6b92/which-component-content-shutdownexe?forum=embeddedwindowscomponents

but I also don't see Misc. Command Line Tools in Windows Embedded Standard 7, it does not exist within FeaturePack -> System Services as mentioned in the above thread.

• Edited by Gregory89 Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:27 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:03 PM

Answers

• The package is System Management Utilities. You can use the search in ICE to locate individual files.

The link you provided is for XP Embedded, which is a different product. The components in XPe are different than the packages in wES7.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by Gregory89 Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:33 PM

All replies

• The package is System Management Utilities. You can use the search in ICE to locate individual files.

The link you provided is for XP Embedded, which is a different product. The components in XPe are different than the packages in wES7.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by Gregory89 Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Thanks!  I'm not sure how to locate the individual files as you mentioned.  You mean I can search for shutdown.exe in the 'find' feature?  That's what I tried but it didn't point to System Management Utilities.  I also tried searching for shutdown in the built in Image Configuration Editor Help Search, but again, System Management Utilities didn't come up.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Did you check the box for the find file?

Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:59 PM